Germ Theory vs Cellular Theory
Scientifically, who was right, who was wrong, which do you believe to be true?
GERM THEORY from Pasteur
- 1.Disease arises from micro-organisms outside the body.
- 2.Microorganisms are generally to be guarded against.
- 3.The function of microorganisms is constant.
- 4.The shapes and colours of microorganisms are constant
- 5.Every disease is associated with a particular microorganism
- 6.Microorganisms are primary causal agents.
- 7.Disease can "strike" anybody.
- 8.To prevent disease we have to "build defences".
CELLULAR THEORY from Professor Bechamp
1. Disease arises from micro-organisms within the cells of the body.
2.These intracellular microorganisms normally function to build and assist in the metabolic processes of the body.
3.The function of these organisms changes to assist in the catabolic (disintegration) processes of the host organism when that organism dies or is injured, which may be chemical as well as mechanical.
4. Microrganisms change their shapes and colours to reflect the medium
5. Every disease is associated with a particular condition.
6. Microorganisms become "pathogenic" as the health of the host organism deteriorates. Hence, the condition of the host organism is the primary causal agent.
7. Disease is built by unhealthy conditions.
8. To prevent disease we have to create health.